List of Regions
Although a large generalization, much of the civilized world can be broken down into traditional regions, usually reflecting ethnic, social or political realities. Here we provide a rough guide. For a more detailed listing, consult the Index of Geography. In this listing, we do not take heed to present political situations, only traditional boundaries.
For a language and culture table see Cultures
Regions of North Amanne
- Lands of Everwinter, the lands between Faeros and Amanne.
- White Mountains Province, also (incorrectly) called Everwinter Province
- Wyrmlands, also called the Dragonlands or merged with Everwinter.
- Northlands, the Crown Province; Containing Ralan. Also called Northmarch.
- Mistlands, sometimes called Nylfjorda.
- Norton, dividing the Northmarch and Mistlands.
- Stoneman Isle, usually includes Frostfall Isles
- Coastlands, also called the Giant’s Coast
- Greypeaks, dividing the Ravaeu, Mistlands, Marshlands, and Norlands
Regions of South Amanne
- North Badlands
- Eastern Riverlands, also called Raveau
- Marshlands, also called Eastmarch, the Eastern Marches, Zerolia, (Z)Serelske, or the Riviera.
- The Riviera really only refers to the coastline of Zeroll and the Mistlands
Korhold and Neighbors
- The Reach, also called the South Badlands, the Northcrest or Gulmarch.
- Western Marches, also called South Korhold, Tawnyrock or grouped into the Nethlands
The Moqolese Domains
- Dashtavard, also called The Neck/Daztaq
- The northern Dashtavard, called Qalavria, lies in Amanne currently
- Greater Moqia, also called Mokhia or the Karstvardem (Imperial Domain)
- Black Coast (Qaravaz)
- Mechera Isles
- Red Plains, sometimes called Zavarmaq (Homeland of the Moqi)
- Moqolse Steppe: Czerekarda, Daurida, Zhaguria, Rutnos
Other Regions in the Empire
- Gold Coast, sometimes called East Olvos
- Olvara, also called Magosos, Tarsa, Olvos (its main city), or Dar-ul-Dars
- Belk, sometimes called Greater Belk
- South Belk, sometimes called Parzunach
- Southern Hills, usually merged with Belk.
- Svalos, sometimes incorrectly called Highcrest by Northmen.
- Prensha, sometimes called lesser Naronar or put into the Nethlands.
- Red Forest, sometimes called Tergesa or put into the Nethlands.
Much more detail is given in the geography index.